Somebody's Knockin'
by PamFord Davis

Temptation is never very far away. It draws us in our weakest moments, and knows where we are most vulnerable. You can be sure if you are led to sin, Satan is the one pulling the chain. It is usually a gradual trip down a wayward path. Thoughts are planted in our minds and fed by time and circumstances. Plans are formulated and actions quickly follow. Listen for God's warnings.


Cain's feelings of rage likely began as only sibling rivalry. He could have seen the error of his ways "And Cain was very angry and his countenance fell. So the Lord said to Cain, Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it (Genesis 4:5b-7 NKJ)." Somebody's Knockin'; the devil cowered at the door. God urged Cain to not let the devil get the upper hand.


Warnings were ignored. Cain opened the door to the deceiver and murdered his brother Abel. (Verse 8) He lived to regret it. "And Cain said to the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear (Genesis 4:13 NKJ)!" Somebody's Knockin.' Bolt the door. Your life may depend on it.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print