ARE YOU STILL IN OPPRESSION?
by Sarah Thomas

Do we call ourselves believers? Do we say we are born again and are baptized with the Holy Ghost? But are we still living under a bondage? Are the shackles of sin, guilt, poverty, debt, anger and jealousy tormenting us? It is true indeed that God saved us through his grace and made us His holy children. But many of us haven't been able to sustain ourselves in the knowledge of our Master. The world and its pressures have taken a toll on our lives. Trials and tribulations have tossed our faith and we have yielded to the pleasures of darkness. The soul isn't willing but the body fails to restrain itself from the snare of the evil one.

I am assured of the fact that every believer who identifies himself in a situation like this is not at peace in his heart. Many children of God are struggling today in a situation similar to this. Your heart cries out aloud and all you want God to do is, come down once again and pluck you out from the lion's mouth.

Let me tell you one simple truth today It is not God's fault that you are still under oppression even after you have known and experienced the truth. If you blame God for you situation, stop it right now! He is not at fault any day. Secondly it neither is the devils fault that you still lie low in your spiritual walk. The devil is just doing what he has been doing from the beginning of times. He is deceiving you saying God has forgotten you and there is no hope for you because you are a back slider. He is a liar and the father of all lies. Listening to him is the biggest folly any individual can ever make.

Who is at fault then? Do not take umbrage now if I tell you that 'you' and 'only you' are responsible for your circumstances. Yes my dear readers, God has given mankind an immense potential and a paranormal ability to have a dominion over his situation. God has given us a free will. A will to choose between the right and the wrong. He has given us a mind to perceive the difference between the good and bad. Most of all He has given us His salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ on the cross, if we have accepted Him as our Lord. If you actually realize the amplitude of these statements, there is no further need for mankind to be sorrowful.
Is it sin that is vexing you? Do you feel you are burdened by the bondage of sin? Do you feel it keeps knocking at your door even if you have no practical interest in being involved? There is something you must imbibe in you today and do not wait for tomorrow. The devil is a failure. He is going to have his dooms day very soon. He is a defeated enemy. You are stronger than the devil.
The word of God says about those who believe in the Lord in Mark 16:18 "they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them."
Again the Bible talks about a child of God's protection from the evil one in Psalm 91:3-9 "Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the Fowler, and from the perilous pestilence, He shall cover you with His feathers and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look and see the reward of the wicked."

Isn't this an amazing promise for the children of God? What else do we require to be sure of God's protection? His security and His guidance are ever with us. And as far as the devil is concerned just ignore him. He doesn't have to be in the picture. When temptations knock at your door remember the word of God again says " resist the devil and he will flee from you". When we stand on the word of God and claim His promises for our lives the devil has no say. He will be afraid of you because you are the holy child of the most high God. Remember how the demons feared Jesus when he went to cast them out? Yes, he is defeated. But you are a victor in Christ Jesus. When Jesus is on your side you are not fighting a loosing battle.
When you believe n Him he will give you happiness and success wherever you go. Some say this is prosperity preaching and it doesn't really work. Some others say Christian life is full of suffering, its not a cake walk, there are a lot of tribulations. Yes, there may be a lot of similar instances in life but He, no doubt makes you sail peacefully on the storm if you sit close to Him. God doesn't want His children to be in poverty, debt, sickness or anything negative for that matter. Just like our parents want the best for us, God wants to see us excel and prosper. Our God is a good God and He desires only good things for His kids. If God has a desire to prosper us in all our ways, why should we hold this blessing back? Claim for yourselves beautiful biblical promises and start marching forward as conquerors. Proclaim to yourself the good news and accept it in your lives. In your daily walk and talk hold on to the promises of the Master. Keep saying to yourself " Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

There is no room for any oppression any more. We are already redeemed from oppression years back through His blood on the cross. He bore our sorrows and sins all on Himself and saved us from the bondage of darkness. Every day is so beautiful when there are no worries and pressures. When everything is laid down at His feet there is no need to worry. He can handle it and we being His children have no reason to be worried and troubled. He feeds the sparrows and clothes them so beautifully. Aren't we more valuable than them? We are surely a blessed inheritance! All glory and praise to our master in heaven!

Sarah Thomas([email protected])
Student

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print