Hanging Onto Daddy's Hand
by Marijo Phelps

Can you remember back to your childhood and grabbing your Daddy's hand tightly. You didn't worry that he would take you somewhere dangerous. You weren't concerned about looking for traffic or big dogs or bullies. You knew that security of grabbing Daddy's hand and trusting that he would get you safely where you were going. You could chat with him and go as fast as your little legs could carry you with the most wonderful man in your life.

I realize that not all of us had "good" or maybe even "present" earthly Daddies. However we can all have a heavenly Daddy who is everything a Daddy should be to a child. We can reach out and grab His hand knowing He is in control and will take us only on "good paths". He will protect us and enjoy our company. He will give us a measure of freedom we could never realize otherwise as we place our hand, our life securely in His most capable hand.

Child, you are my daughter in whom I am well pleased. Do not fret or worry about tomorrow but walk in today, your hand in mine. I will lead you forth out of captivity, fear not but rejoice in Me. Selah.

Matthew 6:34 encourages us not to worry about tomorrow as each day had enough trouble of its own. We are to focus on today. Today really is all that we have, right now, this moment in time. We aren't promised anything further so why waste time worrying about it? What really does worry accomplish? Nothing.
Does that put us in a fearful state? It is not supposed to.

In Exodus 20:20 we are reminded not to be afraid. Also, that God has come to test so that the fear of God will keep us from sinning. We definitely need some encouragement to make good choices.

In Isaiah 29:19 we are told that the humble will rejoice in the Lord as the needy will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. There are so many beautiful promises in the Bible to rejoice over. We can humble ourselves and rejoice giving thanks for much beginning with the free salvation offered to us through the death of Jesus Christ.

Prayer: Thank you Lord God that we may place our hand in Your most capable one. Thank you that you want to relate to us in a most intimate way, carry our burdens and lead us out of captivity! You are an awesome God. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print