Will I Live Again?
by Sarah Thomas

As the tiny little drops of the refreshing monsoon drizzle hit the window pane, Rebecca with her butterfly rash on her cheeks, sat on the couch awkwardly and her wayward mind wandered through those good old days of the past when she took life for granted. She was awakened from her day dream immediately when the showers turned harsher and made clattering noise as it slashed on to the glass. But then she wished she still stayed in the trance because she had almost forgotten the pain as every cell of her body crumbled beneath her. She wanted to feel the chill on her skin but she knew she couldn't if she wanted to live!
Rebecca suffered from a unique disease SLE (Systemic lupus erythematosus). It had no cure and it is fatal! This devastating disease had almost left Rebecca crippled as it harmed almost most of her vital body systems. This disease occurs when the immune system of the body fails to recognize one's own cells and destroys them gradually. Rebecca's right leg tissues were degrading and her doctor was considering amputation if things worsen. The entire hospital room reeked with a nauseating odor of medicines and syrups which Rebecca was almost forced to have each day.
Did she question "why me Lord? "
Did she ask Him "will I live again?"
May be she did. But being close to her I knew she had a deep rooted faith within, that the Lord had not forsaken her and she would be healed one day. When was her day?...nobody knew except for the Master! Like the paralyzed man lay on his sick bed for 38 long years waiting for his turn to be healed and made whole, Rebecca waited patiently for years together.
She couldn't wait to see her reports which would decide if she could walk on her own or she would have to rely on a machine for the rest of her life. When the doctor came to check on her, unusually this time he had a captivating charm on his face. He said he was surprised to know that the medicines administered were reacting in a positive manner. He also admitted that it was a very rare situation as a person as crucial as Rebecca would not have responded as quickly as this. He was thrilled to see Rebecca's condition improving as the days passed by. But this had happened even earlier. She would get a little serious, get admitted and after several days she would recover. But the similar situation would occur again. But this time was the worst of all and she recovered soon.
Rebecca believed it was her time and she just claimed her healing. Within a week she was all up on her feet. The doctor advised her a month's rest but she fervently prayed and trusted God and had a strong confidence that she was healed and nothing of the world had the power to snatch the healing from her. She wanted to join college and God fulfilled the desires of her heart and helped her through everything she did. She lives every day on His word and she knows the value of the life God had given her again. She could have lost her life like several others but she was blessed enough to claim her healing through her faith. She knows she will not be back on that hospital bed ever again and she is going to fly high like the eagle and be a witness wherever she goes.
Our God is an awesome God indeed. The bible says in Isaiah 53:5(NKJV)
"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed."
Yes indeed, we were healed by His stripes years back when He gave His life for us. All we got to do is believe it blindly like a kid without questioning and you will see his healing touch flow into your lives. Allow Him to work in your hearts and mind. We may need a healing for the mind as well as for our bodies. Invite Him in and let Him work and witness transformed lives every day!!

Sarah Thomas([email protected])
Student

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print