My brother, my hero!
by Nellie Shani

I idolized my older brother David when I was a kid although he was only a year older than me! Wouldn't you idolize someone who had confided in you that he could beat your Dad, Mum and all your older sibling? He was only nine!

One time after a spanking from my Mum, David went outside and came back with his hands full of small pebbles which he proceeded to rain on my mother! His unsuspecting victim who had moved on to the important job of sewing was so shocked that all she could let out was "Wololo!" (A "yelp" that an African mother releases when she is under great duress!) I was so proud of him. I knew that I could never have the guts to do that except in my dreams.

This blind and dangerous admiration for David almost sent me to early grave! I am glad to announce that I have lived 40 precious years after this horrific incident! I was only 8yrs old. David had been working on the intricate job of repairing this old radio that had not experienced life for several years. Of course, as I followed him everywhere, I was standing admiringly behind him, awed at such wisdom. He may have noticed this look on my face and decided that he had a live guinea pig at his disposal! He asked me to put this wire in my mouth because he wanted to test if it was still working. I felt it such an honor to be involved with this evolving scientist. You see, obedience to David's commands was all I knew.

I proceeded to put this wire in my mouth as I crouched on the floor. All I remember was that David put the other end of the wire somewhere and I was almost knocked to the floor as some form of electricity shot through my body. Whatever noise I made obviously amused David because he fell on the floor laughing!

Nellie  Odhuno Shani is a Counselor, Conference speaker and writer. Her first books are available on amazon.com, Barnes and Nobles and on her author's websites.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print