Up On The Roof
by PamFord Davis

We have heard the old expression, where there's a will, there's a way. We respect a person who will overcome obstacles and solve a problem. I wonder how many of us possess the will to try. We easily become discouraged and give up, or just assume some one else will come up with solutions. What does it take to prod us into searching out the way? Love and compassion motivates us to take bold chances.


The friends of a crippled man learned that Jesus stayed in Capernaum. The house where he stayed quickly filled with people. The crowd even blocked the entrance. (Mark 2:1-3). Drastic measures were needed to bring the crippled man close to Jesus. "But because of the crowd, they could not get him to Jesus. So they made a hole in the roof above him and let the man down in front of everyone (Mark 2:4 CEV)."


The man's friends found a way. Up on the roof they feverishly pulled back tiles to make an opening. Jesus spoke highly of their faith and extended forgiveness to the crippled man. (Verse5) He instructed the man to get up from his sick-bed mat and go home. (Verse 11) Did he have the will to pull himself up? "The man got right up. He picked up his mat and went out while everyone watched in amazement. They praised God and said, We have never seen anything like this (Mark 2:12 CEV)!" People need Jesus. Will we make an effort to bring them into His presence?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print