God Speaks to His Body Even Today
by Marijo Phelps

I am often reflecting that if I am not hearing God clearly perhaps it is because my own wheels are spinning too loudly. Our God is still speaking to His Body of believers if we have "our ears on". He speaks through the Bible, through preachers and prophets, and in His still small voice directly to our hearts:
My children, again I say I love you. There is power in that love. My love casts out fear. Stand up and be counted in Jesus name. I love you!

My children, my children, fear not, I am in the midst of you to heal the broken hearted and set the captives free.

My children, I am in your midst tonight to teach you a new thing, to set the captives free and give you new freedom in Jesus name, receive.

In I John 4:18 is that famous quote about perfect love casting out all fear, fear having to do with punishment and the one who fears not being made perfect in love. While I do take that scripture at face value I sometimes see it this way: Jesus is perfect love because God is love and Jesus is God. What could be more perfect that God? So I see Jesus "Perfect Love" standing up and being a warrior on my behalf and taking my fears and trashing them one by one just for me. Somehow envisioning this really works. I begin to see just how BIG the one is who is on my side and everything else seems to grow smaller by comparison.

The next scripture I would like to address is in Isaiah 61:1 which speaks of God's Spirit being upon me (us, as believers) to preach good news to the poor, to bind up brokenhearted, proclaim freedom for the captives and release prisoners from the darkness. Do you realize what incredible power that is and I don't think it is just for Isaiah or Jesus since we now are His Body, do you suppose that means that He will allow us to do these things too?

In John 14:12 the Word says that we believers will do greater works than Jesus after he leaves. Oh, my.

Then I flip the pages over to Isaiah 43:19 where the Lord talks about doing a new thing and making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
I was definitely a desert before I met Him. A dried up and unproductive life full of destruction. I don't know about you but I more than welcome streams to my wasteland and will await the blooming expectantly because of Jesus!

Prayer: Please Jesus, help our hearts to be ready for your "new thing". Thank you for your wonderful love in which there is no fear. Thank you for setting this captive FREE!!! AMEN.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print