My Wish Came True
by PamFord Davis

Make a wish and blow out the candles. Children close their eyes, make a wish and bend over their birthday cake. They take a deep breath, and blow out flickering candles. Requests are kept secret. Time alone will reveal the answer to their heart's desire. The faith of a child is a delicate trust. Parents will wisely guide young children to reshape wishes into prayers.


What is your deepest need? Solomon received a blank check from God above. He only needed to write in his request. (1 Kings 3:5-13) Would he selfishly seek fame and fortune? "Please make me wise and teach me the difference between right and wrong. Then I will know how to rule your people. If you don't, there is no way I could rule this great nation of yours (1 Kings 3:9 CEV)." In humility he saw his own limitations and God's power to overcome them.


A king in excitement could rejoice. My wish came true! His heart-felt prayer pleased the Father. "So I'll make you wiser than anyone who has ever lived or ever will live. I'll also give you what you didn't ask for. You'll be rich and respected as long as you live, and you'll be greater than any other king (1 Kings 3:12-13 CEV)." Wisdom is not reserved only for a nation's leaders. Simply ask. (James 1:3) The Lord will pour out blessings beyond measure.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print