Greater Works
by Sandra Carter

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Jesus said greater works than these we would do because He would go to the Father. We would wonder how we could do greater works than Jesus; the Son of God, part of the holy Trinity. What we have to look at is this, Jesus was going back to heaven to be with the Father and the glory He had with Him before the world began. He would send the Holy Spirit to be our Comforter and guide. With the abiding presence of the Spirit we would be able to be used of God and operate through His power. Truly, there is no power but of God. The works that we would do require us to submit to Him to be used for God's glory. Being used for God's glory means that we must overcome our flesh, overcome our own selves. When we are truly able to submit we can do greater works because we then become as Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane when He said,
"nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done (Luke 22:42 KJV). This shows us that even Jesus in the flesh had temptations and knew going to the cross would be hard, but He had to put all that aside in order to pave the road for us to attain divine reconciliation with the Father. Jesus had to put self aside, and so do we!

We are able to do greater works because we have to operate by faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1). To operate in faith we sometimes have to operate against everything we see and know. Faith believes God in spite of. We must believe what God has said in His word. God can also speak promises to us as He did with Abraham and we are expected to believe God and what He has said will come to pass.

Operating by faith can move the hand of God in our favor. Hebrews 11 also tells us God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him, but without faith it is impossible to please Him. So when we truly operate in faith we can move mountains. Mark 11:22 tells us our faith must be in God. Furthermore, whoever will speak to the mountain to be removed and be cast into the sea and not doubt in their heart, but believe what they say will come to pass, will get what they have said. That's faith. Faith is the making of greater works in God.

Sandra Carter is an evangelist, teacher, and preacher.  She has a passion for God's word and is a semi retired nurse and enjoys writing.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print