I BOW MY KNEES
by Duane Huffstutler

I BOW MY KNEES

When we go to God in prayer we must go with the utmost respect.

Ephesians 3:14-15 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

For what cause do I bow my knees? I bow my knees for the grace that has been given to us to preach the unsearchable riches of Christ. To make all men see what has been hidden in God who created all things by Jesus Christ. I bow my knees to understand the wisdom of God according to his eternal purpose. In whom we have boldness and faith of him and faint not in our tribulations.

So we must understand that God is in control of all things and he is Lord of all. He deserves and commands respect due to him. He states many things through out the Bible that if we choose not to do what he asks that is ok, but we are none of his, we are not part of his family.

Why would he make us not part of his family just because we refused to do something he asked us to do? Because when we refuse to do what he asks, that is rebellion and 1 Samuel 15:23 states: For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Here Saul had refused to do what God had told him to do which was to destroy the Amalekites and everything they had. Saul in his infinite wisdom decided that his way was better than God's way and lost his kingdom because of rebellion.

Duane L. Huffstutler, Written  2011, Faithwriters.com
  Duane L. Huffstutler is the Sunday School Director at Oak Grove Pentecostal Ministries in Bonifay Florida. All scripture is from the King James Version (1611)

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print