I Write The Songs
by PamFord Davis

Do you ever wonder about what led to the writing of a favorite popular song or hymn? Music has played an important role in my life since infancy. Each day I begin my quiet time with the Lord by reading a couple old hymns from my growing collection of hymnals. I nearly get spiritual goose-bumps realizing power packed messages were written so long ago. What life situation or crisis stirred the gospel writer to pen words which impact me hundreds of years after their writing? I recently discovered a majestic hymn written by the popular secular writer Rudyard Kipling. It blessed me to learn he used his gifts to worship and praise Jehovah.


Solomon is known for his great wisdom. We may forget his wide range of interests included much more than penning the pearls of wisdom recorded in Proverbs. "Solomon wrote three thousand wise sayings and composed more than one thousand songs. He could talk about all kinds of plants, from large trees to small bushes, and he taught about animals, birds, reptiles, and fish (1 Kings 4:32-33 CEV)." Can you imagine the insight found in songs he composed? He likely drew upon a tradition of music which began with his father David, strumming a harp to soothe restless sheep. Solomon with great satisfaction could say, I write the songs.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print