Hugged Close to Jesus
by Marijo Phelps

Do you ever feel that you, though an adult, are like a toddler covered with band aids, scabs and skinned knees? Take heart, it is only by trying that we allow ourselves to stumble or perhaps fall. We have a heavenly Father who is watching, pleased and ready to catch us when we venture forth and try to walk, toddle and eventually begin to run with Him. He doesn't stand there with a scowl on his face just waiting for us to take a "wrong step", no, he is like that proud parent with a big grin thinking his "kids" are the best! Do we ever disappoint him? NOPE because disappointment involves unfulfilled expectations and since he knows the end from the beginning nothing we can do will surprise him.

So, knowing all of that we can take a big breath, breathe a sigh of relief and toddle on, eventually running with our heavenly Daddy!

Hugged Close to Jesus

Daughter delight
Daughter set free
Tumbling, turning
Even stumbling
In ME

Forward momentum
Joyful to be
Solely My child
Released to run
FREE

In Song of Solomon 1:4 the writer speaks saying "draw me away, we will run after you". While this was talking about a specific incident it has a broader application of the believer running after God. Going on, this verse says that we will rejoice in you and be glad, we will remember your love more than wine, rightly do they love you.

What an incredible God who even has poetry in His heart. When you stop to think about it, romance and poetry and so many of the things which make life rich and full began in the heart of God before we were ever even created, individually and as mankind. What an awesome God we serve or can serve, the choice is ours!

In Proverbs 3 is speaking of God's law and God's wisdom. There are so many promises contained within this Proverb including 3:23 which speaks to walking safely in our way and not stumbling. If we do stumble he is faithful and just to forgive and forgive us from all unrighteousness if we but ask.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (NKJV)

Prayer: Lord God, your Word is rich and full of the most incredible instruction and promises. May we take it into our hearts and let you apply it each and every day. We are so thankful for your love and sacrifice, that of your Son at Calvary on our behalf. Help us to be those toddlers who try and keep on trying so that soon we may run with You! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print