I Will Follow Him
by PamFord Davis

We are all free to choose who we will follow. Many are more than willing to lead us down the path leading to destruction. Their words drip with honey and promises for the good life. Behind the glib lines, emptiness and futility masquerade as fulfillment. Our future is on the line. Who or what guides you? Don't place your security in religion, but in relationship with the Creator.


Joshua consistently followed Moses. Through their bonding of relationship his personal faith in God grew stronger. In a pagan land many chose to follow a multitude of gods. The concept of only one true God would be considered narrow minded. Joshua followed in Moses foot-steps of faith, and stood firm in inner convictions.


"Then Joshua told the people: Worship the Lord, obey him, and always be faithful. Get rid of the idols your ancestors worshiped when they lived on the other side of the Euphrates River and in Egypt. But if you don't want to worship the Lord, then choose right now! Will you worship the same idols your ancestors did? Or since you're living on land that once belonged to the Amorites, maybe you'll worship their gods. I won't. My family and I are going to worship and obey the Lord (Joshua 24:14-15 CEV)!" The people's response sounded sincere. I will follow Him! Joshua knew their fickle hearts. They would often turn their backs on God.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print