A Sweet Fragrance from Life to Life
by Jack Vorster

Did you know that you are a sweet fragrance to God regardless of whether or not you have appropriated salvation through Jesus Christ?

We all died within a single body, that of Christ. When God looks upon you and me, He sees Christ within us, Who paid the penalty for our spiritual death. Christ stands clean before God and we enjoy the same status, but only because of Jesus Christ.

However, there is a condition attached. Let's look at 2 Cor. 2:15,16. "For we are unto God a sweet savour (aroma, fragrance) of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that
perish. To the one (that perishes) we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other (the saved) the savour of life unto life".

We see here that we are a sweet fragrance to God regardless of whether we are saved or not. That sweet fragrance of Christ reaches to God either from "death unto death" or from "life unto life". It's a matter of which category we fit into. If you have accepted
Christ, then you have passed from spiritual death to spiritual life. You therefore have the life necessary to pass from life unto life. If you have not accepted Christ - even though you are a sweet fragrance of Christ to God while you are alive - then you remain in spiritual death and will pass from death unto death the day you die physically.

That poor beggar on the street is a sweet fragrance to God in Christ. Likewise, that convicted man behind bars is a sweet fragrance to God in Christ.

If the beggar is saved then he is a sweet fragrance from LIFE to LIFE.
If the prisoner is unsaved then he is a sweet fragrance from DEATH to DEATH.

The saved beggar, however, is living in poverty ONLY because he has failed to gain knowledge from the Word of God concerning his status as an Heir of Salvation and the benefits attached thereto. Satan is busy devouring him and keeping blind to God's blessings.
The beggar is trying to live by bread alone and not "by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." (Mt 4:4)
All those yet unsaved, like the unsaved prisoner, still have hope while they live - but they need to hear the Word, from you or me.

Now retired, Jack Vorster has a background in marketing in the field of newspaper advertising. As a result of a life-changing experience he turned his attention to the study of the human make-up and the realities connected to human behaviour based on the Word of God. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print