What is God's Purpose for Sex?
by Angie Lewis

God created us with the desire for sex, and we ought to understand his design that was meant for us in our relationships with others about sex. Christians absolutely need to seek God's purpose in this area of their lives. God created us male and female and because of that we will be attracted to one another, but we must learn to control our desires because having sex, and even the desire for sex with someone outside of marriage is not God's plan.

Be Fruitful and Multiply, and Replenish the Earth

"So God created man in his own image; in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them: Be fruitful and increase in number. (Genesis 1:26-30)

God intends for a married man and woman to have sexual relations for the purpose of replenishing the earth. God wants us to have sex so we will bring forth more children into the world for him and to teach and train our children up in the wisdom of God! Had Adam and Eve decided to not have sex and have children then essentially they would have been rebelling against God's purpose and instruction for them.

Controlling our Sex Drive

Even though sex is good, it must be controlled! As we look at society we see many uncontrolled desires and sex drives running amok causing much harm and danger. People blame God for plagues and diseases but these things are caused from our own rebelliousness to him! When we choose to disobey God's commands for us bad stuff happens because of our own foolish choices!

As with anything in life we must control it, so it will not overtake our lives and cause spiritual and emotional turmoil for us. We must control our sex drive, lest we hurt others, damage our relationships and ourselves, and sin against God. If we don't control our appetite for food we become overweight and sick. In the same way if we don't control our appetite for sex it will control us and tempt us into immoral acts of lust. A sex drive must be controlled!

Did you know that a uncontrolled sex drive destroys the body and spirit of a person. To some, it may seem enjoyable and harmless, but eventually it will destroy your mind and body. God says that sex is a beautiful and healthy part of life when it is between a married man and woman. But he also lets us know that the sex drive must be used for his purpose!

What Does God Say About Fornication

God calls sexual intercourse between two unmarried people "the defrauding of each other". When you think about this with a different perception than what you have been brought up to believe, you too, will see how sex without any real intention for marriage is a deception of each other and is morally wrong. This is why God calls fornication a sin. Sex without love and commitment is wrong. God does not want to see us heart broken or sick from disease because we gave into our sexual desires. God loves us and wants what is best for us, to reserve having sex until we are married.

"For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the gentiles which no not God; That no man go beyond and defraud his brother (arouse lust and passion) in any matter: for the LORD is the avenger of such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness but unto holiness."
(1 Thessalonians 4:3-7KJV)

God Created Sex for Sexual Enjoyment in Marriage

Marriage is the only intended purpose for sex. Anything else perverts and distorts sexual relations and the mind, body and spirit of a person. God created sex for sexual enjoyment in marriage. The bottom line is our sex drive was created for the purpose of procreation and sexual fulfillment between a husband and a wife! Realizing the proper use of our sex drive is the first step in controlling it.

The First Marriage

"And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a Woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, this is now bone of my bone, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman because she was taken out of Man. And they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed." (Genesis 3:23-25)

The sex drive is not dirty, until we choose to abuse it. The sex drive is not sinful, until we choose to abuse it. Our sex drive is an awesome gift from God that should be used to honor and glorify God with by bringing forth children, and for our own enjoyment in marriage.
1,159

Forgive Your Spouse of Adultery And Save Your Christian Marriage: http://youtu.be/snUGrD6Qh5k
Visit our marriage Healing Ministry: http://www.heavenministries.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print