JACOB'S LAMENTATION
by Olawale Ogunsola

Ours,ours,ours is love at first sight, Near a well,as I brood on where to spend the night. We hugged and kissed as it was right, An exile,I went home with you with a future bright. Like a fisherman's net,your love caught my heart. Like a cowboy,you submitted your head to be under my hat. Your love ravished my heard on my mat, That a perfect service was rendered for a perfect love from my perfect heart. For you,for you,for you alone, My seven years service-three of such- although I took not a loan. For you alone,I serve alone, These years are like few days because I love you alone. As I stole away,away,away with all I have, You stole your father's idols, I did not know this,my love. Laban accused me and I rained curses on that thief. Rachel,I never know that you love me but for my God you had no love. You become a loss, a loss indeed, a permanent loss, When on second child birth, you breath your last. You left me alone to sing this song of loss: "O Rachel my wife! O Rachel my wife,my wife! The beauty of my life is gone! How the great lover had fallen! And weapons of love perished!"

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print