Another Brick In The Wall
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever built a new home? It is a very exciting experience to daily see construction in progress. We built a house in Lake Providence, Louisiana in the mid 1970's. I took daily drives to the building site to see what construction crews accomplished. The concrete slab foundation did not reveal the home it would eventually become. It did not seem possible that a three bedroom house would be built in the limited space.


The speed of building varied. Weather permitting the work progressed at an accelerated speed. If weather hampered assigned duties, things came to a halt. The inside detail work on cabinets and wood-work seemed to take a great deal of time. The end results were an attractive brick home for our family of four.


Did you realize we are each being placed as another brick in the wall of the holy temple of God? "That's plain enough, isn't it? You're no longer wandering exiles. This kingdom of faith is now your home country. You're no longer strangers or outsiders. You belong here, with as much right to the name Christian as anyone. God is building a home. He's using us all-irrespective of how we got here-in what he is building. He used the apostles and prophets for the foundation. Now he's using you, fitting you in brick by brick, stone by stone, with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone that holds all the parts together. We see it taking shape day after day-a holy temple built by God, all of us built into it, a temple in which God is quite at home (Ephesians 2:19-22 The Message)." God patiently waits for all of His family to arrive.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print