The Tender Trap
by PamFord Davis

How is an animal trapped? Bait is strategically placed to allure the intended victim to a trap. They are so preoccupied with the tempting bait, that the danger of capture is ignored. If you have ever tried to catch mice you realize that some outsmart us by getting the bait without getting caught. Their days are numbered. If we continue to set traps, one will lead to their demise.


The serpent set a tender trap for Eve in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 3:1-8) He cunningly devised a plan to lead her step-by-step to disobedience. Realizing humanity's physical appetites and mental seeking he combined both with a forbidden fruit. "God understands what will happen on the day you eat the fruit from that tree. You will see what you have done, and you will know the difference between right and wrong, just as God does. The woman stared at the fruit. It looked beautiful and tasty. She wanted the wisdom that it would give her, and she ate some of the fruit. Her husband was there with her, so she gave some to him, and he ate it too (Genesis 3:5-6 CEV)."


You must admit the father of lies spoke words of truth. After eating the forbidden fruit they did know the difference between right and wrong. The difference is bordered by death. The difference is guilt and shame. Both walked into his trap with eyes wide open, but not seeing the high price of disobedience. The scripture portion ends with them hiding from God as He walks in the garden. They were hiding. God was seeking. He never gives up His search for those who have fallen into the tender trap.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print