Let's Get Away From It All!
by PamFord Davis

Do you ever have the desire to be totally spontaneous? Grab the keys and cry out, let's get away from it all! A change of scenery might be just what the doctor ordered. Statistics show that people who take vacations regularly live longer. The abbreviated R&R for those on active military duty is seen as crucial. Rest and relaxation recharges our batteries and renews our strength.


It is not a new concept. Jesus, the Son of Man often found strength in solitude, yet He never felt alone. He met his Father in prayer. He shared the importance of those times with his apostles. "After the apostles returned to Jesus, they told him everything they had done and taught. But so many people were coming and going that Jesus and the apostles did not even have a chance to eat. Then Jesus said, Let's go to a place where we can be alone and get some rest. They left in a boat for a place where they could be alone (Mark 6:30-32 CEV)." Don't feel guilty to leave your work behind. You will do your best following some rest!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print