Always
by PamFord Davis

Is anything forever? Always is a very big promise. Commitment is measured by time, and we have little faith in seeing loyalty in others. Hearts are broken and shatter like glass. We learn to settle for temporary arrangements with no strings attached. It shields us from repeated rejections and disappointments. The lessons of never say never are joined by never believe in always.


A God of love is to be trusted. He says what He means and he always means what He says. Jesus gave powerful words of instruction before His ascension to the Father. We term them as the great commission. He commissioned His disciples and future followers to spread the good news of His kingdom around the world. (Matthew 28:18-20)


The command is a very big challenge for mortal men. How can we be expected to pick up where Jesus left off? We can go, believing Jesus' unlimited authority will open all doors. (Verse 18) Our greatest source of strength is in the hope and faith of His parting words. "I will be with you always, even until the end of the world (Matthew 28:20b CEV)." Always is a very big promise, and it is guaranteed by One who will never forsake us.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print