where are you headed? part 1 of 3
by beatrice ofwona

The atmosphere that surrounds us more often than not determines the way that we are going to worship God. We are called upon in the book of James 1:2 to consider it pure joy when we go through trials and tribulations. Each and every one of us should, like a deep sea diver, carry his or her own joy or pain. The apostle Paul reminded us that he learnt to be contented in all things. We should therefore know that our God is aware of all the tribulations that we are going through because only He knows what He is preparing us for. Also to be remembered is that God depends on Himself to fulfill any promise He might have made over our lives. We depend on Him for answers.

God does not always do things in the ways that we expect Him to; He is not a God of routine and never repeats Himself. From Moses to Joshua He shifted from the rod to the word. Maybe there are things that God used to do for us but which He does not seem to be doing anymore. It does not matter because God is God anywhere and everywhere and prayers position us to recieve His blessings. We should use our brains to come up with new ways of doing things because we are God's co-creators. Our lives are shaped by our thoughts; if we do not think, then we do not 'become'. Our thoughts are our strength. God's words should therefore fill and change us because the Spirit of God is the spirit of creativity.

There are people with problems but who think that they have answers yet when God wants to change our lives, He will make it personal; He will approach us in the silences of our days and talk to us because only He has answers.

Sometimes we may miss out on the future because of what we failed at in the past. Yesterday should not be wept over because today is the day that the Lord has made and we will be glad and rejoice in Him. Let us not be caught in heartbreaks, or in the fear of moving on. Fear is of the enemy and if he cannot change how you see God then he changes how you look at yourself.

There of course exist those who think they cannot go forward without a husband or a wife yet for God to bless us we do not have to be with anyone else. When He decides to bless us, He will find a away to pull us from the crowds; sometimes even at the expense of certain people that we must break away from. Do you know that Peter did not want Christ to go to the cross and even went ahead and cutt off the ear of one of the soldiers who came to arrest Jesus? Friendship is a choice, love is a command and the love for our God is paramount as Jesus showed us in obedience to God the Father. We should therefore stop sacrificing our dreams for people who cannot sacrifice anything for us. People are attracted to those that have life in them and when they notice that you have it, they will tend to converge around you. You should however not be sidetracked in your quest of finding God and knowing the purpose for which He created you.

(wordcount-571)

May these words (sermons), from various men and women of God be a blessing to all. 

contact:[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print