Moody River
by PamFord Davis

How would you feel if you were forced to bathe in a muddy cow watering hole? Most of us would find the situation repulsive. We are accustomed to hot running water, invigorating showers or long hot soaks in the tub.


We have preconceived ideas on how God is supposed to work in our lives. It is wrong to try and manipulate Him, or have misconceptions about His ability to work miracles. Remember some of Jesus' healing agents were saliva and mud. (John 9:41) Muddy waters played a vital role in the healing of a man in the Old Testament.


As a Syrian military officer Naaman received honor and respect from his King. This meant little when he suffered the hopelessness and humiliation of leprosy. (2 Kings 5:1) A story of compassion unfolds as we read of a captive servant girl who desires to find healing for her master. She extends hope by suggesting a trip to her homeland of Samaria to seek healing from the prophet residing there.


Naaman runs out of options and goes in desperation. After detours he and his assistants finally reach the home of the prophet he sought. "Elisha sent someone outside to say to him, Go wash seven times in the Jordan River. Then you'll be completely cured (2 Kings 5:10 CEV)." The visitor of renown becomes enraged. He refuses to take part in such a meaningless experiment. If it were not for his traveling companions he would have lost his only chance of healing. (Verse 13)


"Naaman walked down to the Jordan; he waded out into the water and stooped down in it seven times, just as Elisha had told him. Right away, he was cured, and his skin became as smooth as a child's (2 Kings 5:14 CEV)." Moody River muddy waters plus faith= a miracle.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print