Mom Was Always There
by Bob Valleau

Harry laid in his hospital bed listening to the sound of monitoring machines. He closed his eyes and pictured times when Mom was at his side to comfort him during the most crucial moments of his life.

He recalled his first bicycle accident as a child. Mom was there to mend his wounds, cradle him in her arms and tell him that everything was fine. He remembered the first time he fell in love and how his heart was broken when his girlfriend rejected him for another. Mom offered her shoulder for him to cry on and an encouraging pat on the back. She told him that in her eyes, he was always her prince. As an adult, Mom was there when he lost his job, and he spiraled into depression. Mom told him how special he was to her, and that he could accomplish anything he desired.

Now, as Harry faced major surgery, he needed Mom to be there again, but he knew that was impossible. She died a few years ago. But before she died, she was able to introduce him to the person who gave her the strength to always be there for him -- Jesus.

We cannot measure the depth of a mother's love. We can only see its value demonstrated by her words and deeds. A mother can have no greater love than to introduce her children to Christ. Because when Mom cannot be there for us, Jesus is more than willing to be our Comforter.

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print