Things Not Yet in Hand
by Marijo Phelps

Have you ever heard those who say "if I can't see it or touch it, I don't believe it?" Well, they should quit reaching for a light switch when then enter a dark room then, shouldn't they? I know of no one who has "seen" electricity. A few of us have, unfortunately, felt it and lived to tell but is not something we'd like to sign up for every day I am sure. Yet that doesn't stop us from believing in it enough to throw that switch each time we enter the darkened room, does it?

I can't see the Lord God either but that does not stop me from believing Him and taking Him at His word (the Bible), listening to those things He lays on my heart too. Even today I can hear Him whispering:

My child, I have not forgotten, nor is my arm too short or My timing incorrect or even lacking much.

Trust in Me and I shall give you those hidden desires of your heart, know the foundation is being laid even now.

In 2 Samuel 7:28 the Lord is lifted up and the writer affirms Sovereign Lord, you are God, your words are trustworthy and you have promised good things to your servant. Though that was written many, many years ago it is still true, a promise that believers in Jesus Christ can hang onto even today.

The psalmist states in Psalm 20:7 that some trust in chariots, some in horses but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. What do we place our trust in? When you think about it, how bad could it be to have trust in and rely upon Him who placed the stars in position? It almost looks like arrogance to trust in things other than the Lord God Almighty. How could He who created us not know better than we do?

I am well aware to the lengths a person can go to in trying to convince themselves that there is no God, that the Bible is a collection of well meaning "fairy tales" and that it doesn't prove anything or agree with SCIENCE. I have been there and done that in my nine long years as an atheist. I was wrong. More and more scientific discoveries by people who do not claim to be followers of Christ are lining up with what the Bible has said all along. It is becoming to the point where it takes more "blind faith" to think there is no god than it ever does to believe it the God of the Bible.

Our psalmist goes on to say in Psalm 40:4 that he trusts in God and asks that God not let him be put to shame, nor let his enemies triumph over him. Do you know that God did not let him down? Does that help you to be able to trust God today in those same areas of your life? I surely hope so! HE is able!

Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, our trust is in You. There truly can be no other yet many times we act like there is (many others) please forgive us and help us to hang tightly unto Your hand and walk, talk, think, act within that partnership only! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print