Who Should We Praise, He Who Calls Us Friend
by Marijo Phelps

What is praise? The dictionary says it is to put a price on, to comment the worth or express approval or admiration. to laud the glory of God. Why do we praise someone or something? Perhaps because we see and acknowledge someone greater than we are and want to give notice to Him. Awhile back I felt God nudging me, that little elbow, then the voice whispering to me heart, if I will listen:

You read Exodus for a purpose. I desire praise and worship. They always murmured and complained even in the midst of my miracles. Take heed to trust me with your praises always.

What an interesting thought, trusting God with our praises. In this day and age when the word "love" is tossed about so freely, "I love pizza", "Oh, that dog is so cute, I just love him!" or "Don't you just love that sit com?" How do we set apart something or Someone who we really think highly of? We might chose to believe them, take them at their word and act upon that belief. We might even go so far as to verbally lift them up or exalt them. We might choose to praise their attributes, character or their very being.

In James 2:23 is mentioned that Abraham believed God, it was credited to him as righteousness and he was called a friend of God. Can you just imagine what it would mean to be called a "friend of God", the very Creator of the Universe? He who wants to spend time with you on a regular basis, who wants you to get to know Him better and better, more and more.

The Bible poses a profound question "what is man that you are mindful of him?" God wants relationship with us, each of us. He literally counts the numbers of hairs on our heads. Before you laugh at that picture, please consider the detail that represents. If He is concerned with your numbers of hairs, or lack thereof, how much more is He concerned with your heart? Those things which matter to you matter even more to Him.

In Isaiah 41:8 it is said God has chosen Israel (Jacob) and mentions again Abraham His friend. To think of friendship with the immortal, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Lord of all is almost incomprehensible. Yet, it doesn't have to be. The Lord Jesus Christ is all about relationship. He is all about intimacy. He already knows you and every thought you think or ever will think so there is nothing to hide from Him. In spite of all of this He desires to spend time with you and me. Can you even begin to wrap your mind around that one?

If this doesn't give you a reason to praise Him my prayer is that you will be set free to do so! He died on the cross for you and for me, a horrible death that only God could pay, the penalty for a sinner (that's you and me). We owed a huge debt. I couldn't pay it for you because I owed the same debt as you did. Jesus, Son of God, very God himself came to earth as a baby. He is fully god and fully man yet lived a sinless life as a man. He was not under that penalty of death as we all are. He could and did die in our place.

Have you done what it takes to accept that incredible sacrifice? All you need to do is talk to Him tell Him you believe that He is God, that He died for you and ask Him to forgive you for your sins. We have all broken God's heart with choices that were not good. Those choices are sin. We can be forgiven. We can be free and have relationship with Him. This most incredible gift is ours for the asking.

If you have never asked His forgiveness why not let today be that day? It will totally change you and your life for all eternity.

Psalm 47:6 speaks of singing praises to God, sing praises, sing praises to our King, sing praises. Ever wonder why the writer was so focused and, well, into praising? Because he knew the most incredible act of being forgiven, that's why. If you never have asked, please, please let today be that most significant day, THE most significant day in your life.

Prayer: Lord God, it is a most high honor to be called "a friend of God". Help us to give you, freely, our praises and worship. Help us to remember to enter your gates with thanksgiving and into your courts with praise. You alone are worthy of our praises and adoration. Forgive us our trespasses, we pray. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print