You Decorated My Life
by PamFord Davis

Do you have a flair for interior decorating? Do others envy your ability to create a Good Housekeeping home on a shoe-string budget? We like our homes to be comfortable, but also pleasant to the eye. Even those who do not have a natural gift of decorating can put on a fresh coat of paint, change the curtains or buy new lamps. The goal is to make your home a welcome harbor to those in the storms of life.


Have you ever realized that our lives need decorating? We laugh at the plain Jane characterizations and give thumbs up to winners of make-over contests. Changes to the exterior are nice, but the most needed decorating is found within. God through His Holy Spirit decorates our lives with the fruit of His Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-25) Washington D.C is famous not only for gridlock but also cherry blossoms. The blossoms are fragrant and beautiful, but cherries are fruit to satisfy cravings.


Only God truly satisfies. His blessings of fruit in our lives not only give fulfillment to us personally, but also touch the hungry in our midst. They see how God has decorated your life and wonder if it is possible for them too. The decorations include: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:25 CEV)." This is the biggest home improvement plan imaginable. Let Him start today.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print