He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
by PamFord Davis

How far are you willing to go to help someone out of a fix? Some want no part of other's problems. They callously walk away to tackle their own. Maybe we have all become cynical. We have the attitude that we bring most problems upon ourselves. Punishment is deserved and we leave the troubled to face the consequences.


I'm eternally grateful that Jesus did not treat me in such a heartless way. Did I make wrong decisions and sin against the Father? Yes, and I did have consequences, a separation from our Almighty God. Did the Lord step in to get me out my trouble? "All of us were like sheep that had wandered off. We had each gone our own way, but the Lord gave him the punishment we deserved. He was painfully abused, but he did not complain. He was silent like a lamb being led to the butcher, as quiet as a sheep having its wool cut off (Isaiah 53:6-7 CEV)."


Jesus knew I made a real mess of things. He saw the results, alienation from the Father and circumstances way beyond my control. He willingly picked up my load of guilt and carried it to the cross. He found me lost, confused, and hurting and placed me upon his shoulders. (Luke 15:4-6) The devil and his demons wonder why Jesus would sacrifice all for us. Our Lord would quickly reply, he ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print