Placing Our Trust Correctly
by Marijo Phelps

We walk out on the wooden dock to get to the boat tied at the end. Do we go gingerly, thinking that each step might be our last? That the boards might give way and dump us in the drink? Or do we clomp on out carrying the cooler, life jackets and sun screen expecting the dock to get us to said boat? Wouldn't it be wonderful to have an even greater trust and confidence is our Lord? Ever stop to think about why we don't? I don't think the lack is on his side but rather my side, how about you?

I am not man, that my promises be in vain. Trust on my Son and rely /bank on my promises to you throughout my Word. I AM the deliverer. I Am the conqueror and so can you be through Jesus Christ Your Lord. He died to impart power to you, his Body, energized by his Holy Spirit. Be baptized, be filled to overflowing, yielded to the purpose of your Lord. He came to set you free that others might know Him through your testimony. Go forth be not silent but share the love of Christ as the Spirit opens doors for you. Rejoice, lifting praises and thanksgiving to the One who is worthy!

I will begin with Isaiah, one of my favorite books in the Old Testament verse 55:8 reminds us that God's thoughts are not our thoughts, neither are our ways God's ways. I don't know about you but to me that is a great comfort when I think of the sometimes puny attempts I make and thoughts I try to think. Revelation, God is broader, deeper, wider, higher than anything we could think or be and that's not only okay, it is the way He planned it all, collective exhale time "whew". This also means it is not ours to shoulder but to give to Him to work out the solution. Can you catch a glimpse of that freedom?

In 2 Corintihans 1:20-21 the writer speaks of promises and that no matter how many God made they are YES in Christ. I love what comes next, showing our part. Yes, the Lord God wants us to participate and be an active part in His plans. Saying so through him (Christ) the Amen is spoken by us to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us.

Think about that for a minute. God gives, God invited. God directs and then makes us stand firm and gives us His anointing. This is sounding more incredible with each sentence and there is more.

Hebrews 2:13 speaks of trust saying and again I will put my trust in Him. And he says Here am I and the children God has given me.

He knows we are children and He delights in us, we are His if we choose to be.

Psalm 18:2 gives us a wonderful word picture when the psalmist says the Lord is his rock, fortress and deliverer in whom he takes refuge. He is his (our) shield, the horn of his (our) salvation and his stronghold.

I think he gave us a bit to grasp there, don't you? What an awesome Lord David had. What an incredible God we serve as he has not diminished since David wrote those words.

Romans 8:37 speaks of us in all things, being more than conquerors through him who loved us (Jesus Christ).

Moving on to Acts 1:8 which says you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth.

That was not just a promise for then but it for us today. He is still in the equipping business so that we can go and be His witnesses at home, at work, in the neighboring town and to the uttermost parts of this earth. Are you packing your bags yet?

In Luke 4:18 more is said about what He has for us today in that the Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor, He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoner and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed. Look it up and see what else he has for you (and for me!)

The next scripture I will quote directly because it is just too good not to:

1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.(NIV)

We can't go wrong, Saints. He has thought of all the ins and outs, all the needs. With Jesus, Father God and the Holy Spirit being our ways and means providers how can we go wrong? Only if we don't "go" to begin with.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, We are humbled and honored that You'd give us so many promises in Your Word. If You have sent Your Holy Spirit before us to prepare the way, how can we sit or linger or not GO to do Your most incredible will. Thank You and help us to be over-comers in Your most Holy name! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print