Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On
by PamFord Davis

Are you a gifted speaker? It has been said that many public figures are terrified to appear in front of large crowds. Some of the symptoms include sweaty palms, trembling hands, butterflies in the stomach and wobbly knees. Entertainers who fight anxiety include Barbra Streisand and Carly Simon. In many cases it is a case of fear leading up to the event. As soon as they begin singing or acting confidence returns. I once heard that Red Skelton would actually vomit before a performance.


We react to fear in many ways within the two actions of fight or flight. If you battle anxiety attacks you are not alone. Scripture often deals with fear and records vivid details. Even Kings are subject to panic. King Belshazzar of Babylon hosted a large banquet where wine flowed freely. Participants drank from cups seized from the Jerusalem temple. They would soon pay the price. (Daniel 5:1-4)


"Suddenly a human hand was seen writing on the plaster wall of the palace. The hand was just behind the lamp-stand, and the king could see it writing. He was so frightened that his face turned pale, his knees started shaking and his legs became weak (Daniel 5:5-6 CEV)." Does this sound like a leader in command of the situation? No, he witnessed the power of Almighty God and shook in his boots.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print