Trusting and Believing in One Who Will NEVER Let You Down
by Marijo Phelps

Have you ever told someone you'll be there and then something happened and you were not there, whether emotionally, physically, spiritually you simply did not or could not show up? I suppose we have all experiences friends or family "letting us down" in that way too. There is Him who is closer than a brother who will never let you down.

Trust not in your own understanding but lean unto Mine. I am with you and do go before you always. Have care, not to get caught up in trifles unnecessarily but trust and believe in Me.

Your ways are not always mine but know that you are learning and growing in Jesus, my son.

Your obedience shall bring forth fruit in my vineyard. Go unto your Jerusalem and I will open doors for you to speak about and share your Jesus.

Be ready. I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say.

Psalms 119:34 is a plea to God from the psalmist for understanding so that he can then keep God's law and even observe it with his whole heart.

What a reasonable thing to ask for, understanding to help us know why and enable us to be more obedient.

You know those acronyms? ILY, LOL, BTW don't they make much more sense when you know and remember what those initials stand for? "I love you" jumps right off the page. whereas "ILY" might not. Back a few years ago my sister and I used LOL for "little old lady", not it means lots of luck. And I don't think that anyone had invented BTW as by the way too far back. So, if we understand God's laws it makes sense that we'd relate to them better and be able to function within them better too. That means doing a little digging in His Word and praying. Are you up for that? It is time well spent.

Proverbs 3:5-6 is one of my favorites. It is the foundational scripture the Lord gave Mick and me when He wanted to move us to Colorado almost 17 years ago. Colorado, where we didn't know a soul, didn't have jobs or have any idea why our Lord wanted us here. We came. We have been blessed and blessed and blessed. But that's another story for later on. This proverb morsel encourages us to trust in the Lord with all our heart, lean not to our own understanding, acknowledge Him in all our ways and He shall direct our paths.

Think about the strength in those words. God's strength: trust with ALL our hearts, no halfway commitment here; put aside how we are understanding this issue, acknowledge God in ALL our ways and then He will direct our paths. Was that easy? Nope but it started us out on the greatest adventure of our lives and we are blessed, Blessed, BLESSED!

It is easy to give up "control"? No, but when the one we are yielding to is the Lord Jesus Christ we simply cannot go wrong, there is no better way.

Prayer: Lord Jesus thank you for being willing to teach and have patience with us! Help us to soak up the fact that our understanding is, well, pretty puny, Yours is beyond compare. Help us to act like we know that fact at all times. You are SO able and we are "but dust". AMEN


My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print