How Am I To Know?
by PamFord Davis

Do you stand firm in your beliefs, or often waver? Is your life one of confidence or influenced more by doubt? Many individuals seem to be anchored by convictions, immovable by any winds of uncertainty. Others hindered by a lack of confidence often battle doubts. How can a person really be sure of anything or anyone?


Have you ever asked this pointed question? "If you were to die today, are you sure you'd go to heaven?" It is a question that gets to the heart of the matter. Many responses are heard. A three word sentence is tragic. "I hope so."


People that depend upon good works are never able to be sure their works are good enough. Will the good outweigh the bad? They need to be convinced of the accuracy of Ephesians 2:8-9. Works should follow commitment to Christ, (Ephesians 2:10) not falsely offer eternal security.


Doubts do occur. Can we know we have been saved? "He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:12-13 NAS)." Don't settle for hope so belief. Find confidence in know so faith!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print