Our Bank Account Filled With Years
by Marijo Phelps

We seem to have a bank account
Filled up with our years
Each given just so many
Tallying joy and our tears

How do we use them
The choice is up to you
Filled with words you say
And actions that you do

With that in remembrance
Focusing in on today
Would you do things differently
As you walk along your way?

And then the Lord Jesus Christ whispered to my heart:
Child, your appetite should be after spiritual things.
Fix your eyes on Jesus, allow his strength to be yours. Time is short.
Come into subjection to the Son so you might shine forth with His joy most abundantly.

Seek not to do and be busy but seek your Lord who eagerly awaits communion with you "Come back/away my beloved." And I shall lift you above the darts and desert of dryness of your soul. Be refreshed in Jesus who lives in you. Selah.

Deuteronomy 4:29 encourages us that if from there (right where we are now) you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Remember back when you were five and focused in on that new bike? You thought about it when you got up in the early morning, dreamed about it at night and tried to save every penny you could. "Mom, do you have and extra chores you'd like me to do? I don't charge very much at all to weed the garden."

That shiny, red Schwinn became, well, almost an obsession, didn't it? Morning, noon and night and you twinkled, and glowed and plotted and schemed on how you could bring it to be.. in your garage with you running out to ride it everywhere!

We still have capability for that childlike joy and fixation. Why not focus on Him who loves us most? Why not let Him be the object of our thoughts, passion, obsession, focus and time? Out of the abundance of our heart flows the mouth. Why couldn't that flow be about the Lord Jesus Christ and sharing with others what He had done in our lives. Give friends and family the "before and after" picture. Oh, my what a difference forgiveness and the Savior makes!

Psalm 14:2 tells us that the Lord looks down from heaven on the sons of men (daughters, he is watching us too) to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.
Seeking God, what better person can we desire and look towards? He who created us, gave us our purpose, knew us BEFORE our mother's womb, has plans for us still, desires relationship with us. Imagine that, the One who put the very stars in place wants a personal and intimate relationship with you! How can you ignore that thought for even another minute?

Psalm 63:1 David the psalmist is crying out with what can be our cry too "O God, you are my God, earnestly will I seek you, my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Here in Colorado about 11 of the past 12 years have been drought. Oh, how we can relate to that dry and thirsty land part and we can also seek Him with everything that is in us!

Prayer: Dear Lord, it is no wonder that David was a man after Your own heart. Please help us to have that seeking focus and not get distracted by externals. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print