The Make It Happen Moment ® Primal Tide
by Gary J. Borgstede

Quote: "Faithfulness is the courage to incarnate the gospel in creative ways!" - Mark Batterson

Have you ever wondered about the strength and magnitude of a powerful rising tide that indiscriminately raises all ships? Think about it for a moment. No matter what, when a tide rises, it raises all floating ships. There is no escaping a rising tide; therefore, the only thing a ship can do is rise with the tide as it rolls in. Personally, I believe that a rising tide that raises all ships is like people who possess an abundance mentality and seek to win in life by helping other people win in life. Through the indiscriminate use of their extraordinary God-given talent and potential, abundant thinking people understand the principle of sowing and reaping and realize that as they work to help other people win, they too will win. In other words, if they help raise the success tide for other people, professionally and personally, the principle of sowing and reaping will raise the success tide for them as well. The supernatural kingdom effect of abundance thinking inspired by the infinite goodness and mercy of God is as real and powerful as a natural rising tide.

So then why don't people naturally embrace an abundance mentality that helps other people win in life? I believe it is because people have lost a primal wonder of how abundantly great and good God's nature is in our own lives and have replaced it with a misdirected primal self-reliance on our human nature which is mostly scarce and competitive in an unredeemed state. In fact, our society emphasizes and reinforces competitive behaviors from very early in life where we are taught that to win, someone else must lose. As a result, we are effectively programmed to think that helping others will cause us to lose what is actually not even ours in the first place. When we do this, we believe there isn't enough of God's goodness to go around for everyone; but, this is simply not true because Psalms 23:6 states, "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life." Therefore, if you don't possess such a primal abundance mentality inspired by God, you may think that the only way you can become successful in life is if other people fail in life. Then, selfish human nature will likely cause you to work against the tide by trying to sink other people's ships rather than helping to sail their ships. Unfortunately, this will wear you out and actually work against you in the end.

Thomas Edison believed that there is actually more opportunity than there are people to see it; therefore, instead of draining your energy working against people, start thinking like Thomas Edison and begin sharing your thoughts, time, power, influence, knowledge, praise, finances, love, respect, beliefs, authority, talents, strengths, and potential with other people to help them win in life. When you give from an abundant heart grounded in the love of God, God will see that your generosity is returned back to you and so much more. Your life success will actually grow as you help other people become successful in life, just like the rising tide that raises all ships. With a spirit of faith and generosity, don't be afraid of becoming a primal tide of God's abundant goodness and mercy towards others, but rather abundantly celebrate God-given opportunities to help others rise in life and enjoy the primal tide of God's abundant goodness and mercy in your life as well!

The Make It Happen Abundant Celebration Value: "Make It Happen" People Celebrate Accomplishments Abundantly!

Have a blessed "Make It Happen" day!

Written by Gary J. Borgstede
President and Founder of The Make It Happen Learning Institute - Reaching People, Unleashing The Extraordinary! www.makeithappenbooks.com

Edited by The Make It Happen Moment Editorial Team

The Make It Happen Moment Primal Tide Copyright 2010, The Make It Happen Learning Institute. You have permission to reprint The Make It Happen Moment Primal Tide, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print