Peace Train
by PamFord Davis

Peace. Peace. How do you feel when you read that word or hear it spoken? Does it bring to mind a desire for inner peace and freedom from stress? Are you burdened for a family with broken relationships Contemplating conflicts and wars globally you may experience a sense of hopelessness.


Jesus told his followers to anticipate wars and rumors of wars until he returns. We should work for peaceful solutions and pray for peace. Any reduction in strife is worth the effort. We must not be deceived by claims of peace by false teachers or wayward spiritual leaders.


"Because from the least of them even to the greatest of them, Everyone is given to covetousness; And from the prophet even to the priest, Everyone deals falsely. They have also healed the hurt of My people slightly, Saying, 'Peace, peace!' when there is no peace (Jeremiah 6:13-14 NKJ)."


Spiritual leaders then and now are supposed to care for the flock as the Great Shepherd cares for his sheep. Oil which represents the Holy Spirit is applied to wounds to promote healing. (Psalm 23) If a quick fix of self-improvement is advised, it only covers up the problems. Speaking words of peace does not always make it happen. If that peace train is taking passengers don't leave the station.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print