Hammock Lullaby
by Sara Harricharan

The night wind is coming.

I can feel it.

Soft and cool, promising me a better tomorrow.
I dream of better things, I know they will come some day. The night is warm, the wind is cool. I am exhausted.

My arms ache, my muscles burn, but somehowmy heart is happy.

I can feel the wind blowing, rocking this hammock, ever so gently.

Back and forth,
Back and forth
It's okay
The hammock say

Tomorrow will be busy, as today has been. Lots of work to do, always work to do. If my hands are busy doing good, then nothing bad can come of it.

This hammock feels so good, suspending me between the sky and the ground. I feel as if I am floatingalmost. This feeling of being nowhere, lets my mind talk to my heart. Sometimes I can hear them talk.

Rest, little one
Rest, my precious
It's okay
The hammock say

Ideas are dreams set in motion. It is the reality of my wishes entering this world. But it is hard, so very hard. So much work, so much time, so many people. I try my best, I give my best, but somehow it is never enough.

But these worries are not for the night, I will think of them tomorrow. Tonight, it is enough to be here, lying in a hammock, with the ground behind me and the sky before me. The dust covering my feet is ancient as I stare up at the sky with its sparkling stars, I feel connected to the earth.

I feel connected to Him.

Sing outside
Sing inside
It's okay
The hammock say

The night draws nearer, pulling tight a cloak of stars, to hide one great big eye in the sky. A wisp of cloud moseys over the bright orb, for a moment, I think He is winking at me. I wink back and wave, a tiny wave from my little hammock.

I can hear the night song, it is playing in my head. Quiet notes of hope and strength instead, tear away at the despair of the day. Softly, sweetly, gently broken, my day is replaced with the calm of night.

This is His gift to me.

Shh! Now, wait
Morning will come
Night will fade
It's okay
Hammock say

Sara Harricharan is a young Christian woman with a passion for writing for the Lord through faith-filled Science Fiction/Fantasy stories and pure words. www.fictionfusion.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print