Hanging On To Daddy's Hand II
by Marijo Phelps

Do you have memories going way back to the times you proudly held onto your daddy's hand and skipped to keep up with his longer stride? Do you remember those times he easily lifted you up to ride on his shoulders? Can you remember your little four or five year old legs joyfully keeping up with him because he was your Daddy? I know not every one of us can remember or maybe even had that daddy who was present in our lives. The good news is that now you can make up for lost time. Your heavenly daddy wants to be there for you and let you know His delight in you!

Child, you are my daughter, growing in me. Jesus, your Lord will show Himself your Champion as you place your tiny hand in His most capable one. Trust abandonment to Him who is most trustworthy. You've proved Him over and over. You grow as you lean more on your Lord. He is able to carry your load, your life, your growth. The more you let go the more you grow up in Him. Trust is a paradox of letting go while holding tightly to His hand. Childlike skipping along as He leads, your incredible Lord who loves you so.

In Matthew 19:13 the Bible tells us that the little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them.

John 14:1 encourages us to not let our hearts be troubled but to trust in God and Jesus also.

In John 12:36 We are exhorted to trust in the light while we have the light so that we may become sons of light.

Going to Ephesians 4:15 the writer tells us to speak the truth in love and we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.

I don't know about you but I still have more growing up to do and this is good advice. We can trust His Word and act upon what is written there and grow.

Luke 18:16 also speaks about little children and allowing them to come to Jesus. Sayaing of such is the kingdom of heaven.



I think our Lord knows even some of us geriatric ones are still "little children". With His help we can be childlike and turn loose of all that is childish. Of such is the kingdom of heaven!

Prayer: Dearest Savior, You give us SO much and ask SO little. Please help us to become more childlike, to be able to drop the childish from our lives. Help us to cling to and lean on You as we walk the road in Your footsteps. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print