Stir It Up
by PamFord Davis

Are you in it for the long haul? Many of us start out with enthusiasm and dedication but lose steam a short way down the road. Anything from a committee assignment to building a solid marriage requires persistence and hard work. A good leader or encourager will be at our side reminding us to stir up the ashes and rekindle the flame of faithful commitment.


Plans for a house of God in Jerusalem were under way. (Ezra 1:1-3) How many would accept the challenge to become involved? "And every survivor, at whatever place he may live, let the men of that place support him with silver and gold, with goods and cattle, together with a freewill offering for the house of God which is in Jerusalem. Then the heads of fathers' households of Judah and Benjamin and the priests and the Levites arose, even everyone whose spirit God had stirred up to go up and rebuild the house of the Lord which is in Jerusalem (Ezra 1:4-5 NAS)." Allow God to stir you up. His church needs you.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print