DOESN'T GOD ALREADY KNOW? WHY SOULD I PRAY?
by Sarah Thomas

Why should we pray? Doesn't God already know what we need? Isn't He completely aware of our situations? He is a good God and because He is good and just, He will do all that is required at the right time. Then why does the need for prayer arise? Why do we Christians spend hours together kneeling and praying? Does it all go waste? NO!


There are certain aspects in the word of God that perhaps hasn't caught our attention. Let me bring to your notice Genesis 1:26 - " let Us make man in our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."


Note the verse carefully. God says let them (i.e., us humans) have dominion over the entire earth. What does this signify? We are the rulers of the earth. The verse could have been 'let Us make man and let Us have dominion over the earth'.but it appears to be the other way around. God has given us, humans ,the authority and the power to have dominion over everything that takes place on the earth. This clearly states that man is the legal ruler of the earth appointed by God.


What are we made of? Flesh, blood and spirit. According to what God has set, only a being with all these three elements has the right to make decisions and control the forces of the earth. And for any other being(God who is Spirit) to function, permission is required. And who grants the permission? It obviously has to be the legal administrator i.e., humans.


As we all know God has always given us a free will to choose. He has never imposed His will on us. He is the perfect gentleman who doesn't force you into anything but is patient and kind. He wants to work in our lives and it is His strong desire to surround us with His presence and keep us protected but He cannot do it unless we give Him an opportunity or rather a permission to work. He keeps His word above anything else and what He has set as a rule cannot be changed even if He wants to.


Prayer in other words is nothing but giving God a legal right and permission to intervene in your lives and transform it into a perfect embodiment of the Holy Spirit.

Sarah Thomas([email protected])
Student

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print