Clinging Vine
by PamFord Davis

Are you a wallflower or a clinging vine? I guess that is food for thought. The wallflower is a stereotype for rejected teenage girls. They are forced to lean alone against a gymnasium wall. Uncaring boys neglected to ask them for the pleasure of this dance. Our clinging vines are thought of as those with little or no lives of their own. They become involved in a relationship and refuse to let go even when it has no signs of life.


There is a positive example given in scripture. I desire to eternally cling to the vine which offers eternal life! (John 15:1-8) Jesus spoke to crowds well aware of the relationship between three separate, yet united agricultural realities.

1: Vines
2: Branches
3: Fruit


Fruit might be the desired outcome to sustain life, but it would never happen without healthy vines and branches. Spiritually we want our lives to be fruitful, productive in God's Kingdom. The fruit of the Spirit should be increasing and touching others. Our only strength is found in abiding in Jesus, the True Vine. "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing (John 15:5 NKJ)." We cling; His Spirit flows through us and fruit is ripe for the picking.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print