Old in the Lord and Still Being Made New
by Marijo Phelps

"Oh, God, I am a mess, I have been walking with you for some years now and you are still correcting, fixing, changing."

Does that sound familiar to you? Then praise Him. He hasn't given up on you. You ARE growing. Quit with the groaning and look at the progress of the places He has walked you through. He is patient and steady even though sometimes you are not. OK, how do I know? I am probably your twin, that's why. And He is whispering to my heart once again:

My daughter, I love you, I've heard your prayers, your heart's desires.
I'm recreating in you a clean heart with pure desires and Jesus first. Rejoice at the new work. Rejoice at My might and My power in your weakness. I am raising up a Bride, a peculiar people be among the number and again I say rejoice.
You are My beloved. Yield as I draw you close. Dwell in My Word. I shall make you strong in Me. Fear not adversity for I, Jesus have overcome as shall my Bride! Selah

In Psalm 37:4 our ultimate focus is made clear, to delight ourselves in the Lord and he will give us the desires of our heart. Don't focus on your desires and get all wrapped up in them, but rather get wrapped up in Him, He will do the rest.

Going on to Psalm 51:10 the psalmist is imploring God to create within him a clean heart and to renew a steadfast spirit within him.

How many times have you caught a glimpse of your own heart and it is not pure or clean or having the right desires? You are in good company if David, a man after God's own heart, would feel the same way. The key is he sought God, dwelled in His Word, got up, shook of the mud and dirt and was forgiven to be able to try another day. I am not advocating a license to make choices that break God's heart. But, if and when we do we can repent, turn again and away with sorrow and ask for forgiveness.

In 2 Corinthians 12:9 we are reminded that God's grace is sufficient for us and His strength in made perfect in weakness. Even knowing we can and will trip, stumble and fall God makes a way for us to be set free, freely forgiven. He knows us. He KNOWS us. He knows us and still chooses to have relationship and pour out His love on us. Think about that for a minute. Then praise His most incredible name!!

John 16:33 speaks about the peace we can have in Jesus. The world giving us tribulation but Jesus has overcome that world and we can be of good cheer because of that.

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you that you are strong on our behalf, that you clean up our heart and then give us the desires of our heart. I think you place those desires in our hearts and then fulfill them, You who know us so well. We so appreciate that You have overcome the world and we can be overcomers with and through You! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print