Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show
by PamFord Davis

Have you attended revival tent meetings? They are not as popular as in the past, but still an area of outreach. We are now accustomed to central heat and air, and are not always willing to return to funeral home fans. My husband Norm felt God tugging at his heart while in one of those tent meetings with his Grand Daddy LeMasters. In his adolescence Norm knew he needed to trust Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior. He later made that commitment public back in his home church.


I've never given much thought about the reason for tent meetings until recently. Could it be because scriptures primary spokesman in evangelism and missions worked as a tent maker? Paul led the way for bi-vocational pastors, standing with scriptures in one hand and tools of his trade in the other.


"After these things Paul departed from Athens and went to Corinth. And he found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, who had recently come from Italy with his wife Pricilla (because Claudius had commanded all the Jews to depart Rome); and he came to them. So, because he was of the same trade, he stayed with them and worked; for by occupation they were tentmakers. And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks (Acts 18:1-4 NKJ)." Salvation is offered as a free gift of grace. Many in tent meetings received it with great rejoicing.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print