The Commission
by Cindie York

Matthew 4:19
Then He said unto them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."

This is the great commission to all Christians, to go forth unto all parts of the world, and preach the gospel. Witnessing should be on the top of our priority list. We must love and care about people and the condition of their souls. There should be such a burden for those who are lost around us to repent "for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand" and a hunger bursting forth to place this burden into action.

While on this earth Christ chose disciples to help spread the word of God. Christ knew the more people that He had working, planting seeds of salvation, the more people that would hear the word of truth and therefore more souls would be saved. Today, we are the Disciples of Christ. We act as His hands, His feet, and His voice. We are the instruments that Christ works through. We are the conduits of which His marvelous Spirit flows.

Look around. There are so many lost and hurting people throughout this world. Many of us don't have to look farther than our own homes or neighborhoods to find souls crying out in despair, literally destitute. They need to know that there is hope and that there is a God who loves and cares about them. That only God can produce joy, peace, love, strength, and comfort that is unparalleled by anything this earth has to offer. These people need to know that God can fill the voids, those empty places in their hearts and that He truly is Jehovah Jireh, the provider of our every need.

It is our duty as a believer to witness for Christ. To tell of the humble only begotten Son of the God of all creation who left the most magnificent surroundings imaginable to come to a world that was cloaked with darkness and wretched sin, to be the Lamb slain for atonement. Our Lord's very own blood would cover our multitude of sin. And though we ourselves could never merit such a blessed gift, God has given it freely for any person willing to accept.

We can't let the devil deceive us into thinking that we are not educated or worthy enough to witness for Christ, or even that it is not our place to go out and compel the lost to be saved. It is every Christian's responsibility to follow Christ and fish for souls.

To witness, we must be willing to reach out to others with truth and loving boldness, and use the ABC's of salvation. A is having them admit that they are a sinner and ask forgiveness of all their sins and sinful behavior with a true repentant heart. B is for believing, through faith, Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, that He died on a cross for the sin sacrifice of all people, and that He arose from the dead after three days and is currently living at the right hand of the Father in Heaven. C is the confession of salvation.

Don't be the fisherman who let the "big one" get away. Pray for wisdom and direction and God will provide exactly what is necessary for the catch. Be patient and keep full trust in God. He knows the right ingredients, the perfect bait. One thing is for sure, you first have to cast the line to reel in the fish. Now is the time to put the Word into action.

Fishing anyone? I am ready, are you?

I have been a Christian for 23 years.  I enjoy Bible study and growing in the knowledge of God's word.  I literally want to soak up God's Word like a sponge.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print