Stop! In The Name Of Love
by PamFord Davis

What happens if a stop-sign is concealed by trees or stolen as a prank by adventurous teens? It results in senseless damage to vehicles, possible injuries or loss of life. The sign and its construction do not have the power to avert tragedy. Our observance of the law and the authority behind the sign placement is what results in traffic safety.


Specific stop signs are found within God's will for our lives. Will we stop or foolishly ignore the clear markers? Paul instructed Timothy about appointing godly leaders. A clear description of the men of character aided Timothy in his selection. (Titus 1:5-9)


"He must welcome people, be helpful, wise fair, reverent, have a good grip on himself, and have a good grip on the Message, knowing how to use the truth to either spur people on in knowledge or stop them in their tracks if they oppose it (Titus 1:8-9 The Message)." When we put on the breaks we'll cross safely into the blessings of God. Stop! In the name of love.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print