Danny Boy
by PamFord Davis

Abduction headlines alert the world to the seriousness of being held captive against your will. It is most heartbreaking when the victims are innocent children. We can only imagine the fear and anguish of being removed from familiar surroundings and adjusting to a strange environment.


In Bible times nations regularly took their defeated enemies back home with them. Captivity would be used by God to bring correction to His wayward children. His people were drawn to see their sin of idolatry and worship of false gods, cry out for deliverance, and be rescued by their merciful Father.


A young boy named Daniel experienced captivity first hand. (Daniel 1:17) The King of Babylon sought out only the best young men to be groomed for special service within his realm. (Verse 3-5) Daniel rose with others as cream of the crop.


Changes were inevitable but Daniel stood by his convictions as a strict Jew. He asked special permission to be excused from the diet provided. (Verse 8) It took great boldness to take the risk of reprimand. Boldness came as a byproduct of unshakable faith. God honored that faith and Daniel and his friends dictated their own choice of foods. (Verse 16)


"God made the four young men smart and wise. They read a lot of books and became well educated. Daniel could also tell the meaning of dreams and visions (Daniel 1:17 CEV)." Enemies removed Danny Boy from Jerusalem. God stood beside him all the way.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print