It's A Sign Of The Times
by PamFord Davis

Do you check the weather forecast first thing in the morning? Is bedtime delayed until after the local weather man announces the forecast for the following day? We can not change our weather, but we sure like the feeling of taking control with a sneak-peak.


I remember one hilarious episode of Beverly Hillbillies that featured Granny as a weather prognosticator. She relied on beetles in a match box and hit the target time after time. We would be surprised to learn how many of our friends are alerted to weather changes through a natural alarm system. Aching bones replace barometers.

Jesus proclaimed that man is pretty sharp at noticing signs around us to predict weather. We are clueless to recognize the signs of the times. (Matthew 16:1-3) They were seeking signs to prove the authority of Jesus. "You want a sign because you are evil and won't believe! But the only sign you will be given is what happened to Jonah. Then Jesus left (Matthew 16:4 CEV)."


They did receive the sign of Jonah:

Jonah in the belly of a great fish three days, released to fulfill his calling as Prophet.

Jesus in the tomb three days, released to fulfill His calling as Lord and Savior!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print