RESOLVING COMPLEX CONFLICTS JUST LIKE JESUS PART 1
by Miriam Kinai

Whether you are a mompreneur or a minister, resolving conflicts effectively can increase the peace in your home, the productivity of your ministry and the profitability of your business.

To reduce the amount of time spent resolving conflicts, we can learn from Jesus how to identify and manage the complexities that may be inherent in each conflict. From the conflict in John 8:2-11 when the Pharisees and scribes brought a woman caught in adultery to Him, we can learn how to deal with a few of these conflict complexities.

The first complexity in this conflict was that Jesus was placed in the unenviable role of being a Mediating Conflictor. The Pharisees and scribes were the first party in this conflict. The woman became the second party when she was caught committing adultery and thereby contravening the Law of Moses that the Pharisees and scribes advocated and enforced. Jesus became the Mediator when they brought the conflict to Him and asked for His opinion.

They made Him the third Conflictor when, to paraphrase their words they asked Him, "According to the Law of Moses, this woman should be stoned because of committing adultery. But, what do you say about the issue?" The "But" suggested that they suspected that He would propose a different course of action from theirs.

If you find yourself in a similar role of a Mediating Conflictor, emulate Jesus and arbitrate by suggesting a solution that advocates your position without battering the other parties. Jesus, by declaring that the first stone should be thrown by the person who had never sinned, stood up for His teachings on love and mercy as well as saved the woman's life without breaking the Law of Moses that the Pharisees prescribed. Therefore, assert yourself without upsetting others.

The second complexity in this conflict was that of dealing with a tight-lipped conflictor for the woman did not say a word until the Pharisees and scribes had left. This may have been because of her unadulterated shame or the shock of being caught in the act of adultery. Being dragged to the Temple to be prosecuted by powerful Pharisees in front of the crowd that was being taught by Jesus could have also intimidated her into speechlessness.

In the conflicts you may be embroiled in or asked to mediate, you may find that one party may decide to remain silent as they seethe in anger or they may refrain from speaking in an attempt to punish the other parties for hurting their feelings. Frustration can also mute them if they think their needs won't be met whether they verbalize them or not.

Whatever their reason, understand that even if they do not utter a word, they still talk nonverbally. When Jesus stooped down to write on the ground, He could have been listening to what the woman was saying without words. So study their body language for silent clues to their thoughts and feelings.

Dr Miriam Kinai loves interior decorating and has written many books such as African American Home Decor, Asian Home Decor and Christian Home Decor which are available at her blog http://www.modernhomedecorthemes.com/ and from http://www.amazon.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print