On Top Of Old Smokey
by PamFord Davis

Have you experienced a personal encounter with God? Few have a testimony as dramatic as the Apostle Paul, blinded before he could see the light of the world. Yet, every person touched by saving grace met God at a junction in the road. We placed our faith in the unseen and became His ambassadors in faith.


Moses traversed a mountain and witnessed a burning bush. I wonder if smoke billowed up from the bush as a display of burning sacrifice. "Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of the bush. So, he looked. And behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed (Exodus 3:1-2 NKJ)."


God drew Moses aside with a visible demonstration of His power. He shared His deep concern for His people bound by slavery in Egypt and revealed His plans for deliverance. Moses would be used as an instrument to personally rescue them. (Verses 4-10) The next time you feel your life is dry and wonder how God could use you, take a closer look. On the top of Old Smokey a fire still burns!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print