Take Good Care Of My Baby
by PamFord Davis

A childless woman often feels incomplete and turns to the Lord for blessing. Those who rest in His love, trust in His wisdom to work through circumstances and miracles to fill the emptiness. Couples become proud parents, or the Lord himself brings contentment.


Hannah could bear the life of barren wife no longer. (1 Samuel 1:1-18) She carried her emotional pain and sorrow directly to God through prayer. Her desperation drove her to seek relief from the Creator and Sustainer of life who honored her request. "And it came about in due time, after Hannah had conceived, that she gave birth to a son; and she named him Samuel, saying, 'Because I have asked him of the Lord (1 Samuel 1:20 NAS)."


Vows are easily cast aside or forgotten. Hannah vowed to dedicate her son to God and she kept her word. After weaning Samuel she took him to the temple to live under the direction of the priest Eli. "So I have also dedicated him to the Lord; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord. And he worshiped there (I Samuel 1:28 NAS)." Hannah's deep desire to Eli, the guardian of her son . Take good care of my baby.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print