What In The World's Come Over You?
by PamFord Davis

The actions of others sometimes take us by complete surprise. We wonder what they were thinking, or what kept them from thinking twice. If they take a course of action that is foolish or risky we believe they ignored common sense. We may not confront them, but we sure shake our heads in disbelief.


The Apostle Paul thought he knew his co-laborer Peter very well. They both shared the same goal, spreading the good news of eternal life through Jesus Christ. Paul answered God's call to reach the Gentiles and Peter concentrated his efforts on fellow Jews. They both lived on the standards of grace. Men are saved by grace through faith. (Ephesians 2:8-10) Works follow out of love.


Peter caved in to peer-pressure and distanced himself from Gentile believers. (Galatians 2:11-16) Paul corrected him openly as he wondered, what in the world's come over you? "Peter, you are a Jew, but you live like a Gentile. So how can you force Gentiles to live like Jews? We are Jews by birth and are not sinners like Gentiles. But we know that God accepts only those who have faith in Jesus Christ. No one can please God by simply obeying the Law. So we put our faith in Christ Jesus, and God accepted us because of our faith (Galatians 2:14b-16 CEV)." Peter's life story reveals a man who accepted correction.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print