God Bless The Child
by PamFord Davis

Parents and guardians know the heartache of caring for an ill child. Fevers soar at a rapid speed and bodies lay limp and still in our arms. Even with advances in medicine we are often forced to just wait and pray. After doing all within our power we turn the child's healing and protection over to our heavenly Father.


The story of a woman and her only son's sudden attack and death pulls at our heart strings. (2 Kings 4:18-37) As we read her story we are easily drawn through time to her side. She lost the love of her life and she refused to let go. Her crisis directed her to a man of God. She placed her hope both in him and the God he served.


"He walked in, shut the door, and prayed to the Lord (2 Kings 4:33 CEV)." The scriptures give a detailed account of Elisha's efforts to see life restored to the lad. Those efforts were anchored in prayerGod bless the child. Prayers and persistence reaped rewards. "The boy sneezed seven times and opened his eyes (2 Kings 4:35b CEV)." His mother held him with rejoicing.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print